For your convenience browser uses the information stored in the cookie file to help ease your navigation of the website by letting you log in automatically or remembering settings you selected during your earlier visits to the website, among many other functions Cookies are small, usually randomly encoded, text files that help your browser navigate through a particular website.
The cookie file is generated by the site you're browsing and is accepted and processed by your computer's browser software. The cookie file is stored in your browser's folder or subfolder and you can change the settings of storing them. No change in settings means consent for using the cookies.
The service uses persistent cookies employed to store user preferences, such as language, font size, etc. They are:
- cookies google-analytics.com – statistics for the service
- Session cookies (which expire after the session ends)
Additionally the service uses:
- Cookies marking completing a survey (is such surveys are performed on the webpage).
- Cookies generated when switching to another version of the service, i.e. mobile version and wai version.
- Session cookies (expire after the session is closed) – used for logging into services and webpage panels.
- Cookies generated when the width of the page is modified (if service has this functionality turned on).
In service player.vimeo.com and av.vimeo.com – allowing to log in, and also cookies loaded by advertisers allowing to adapt shown ads to user preferences (cookies policy available at http://vimeo.com/cookie_policy)
Cookies can be managed in each browser:
Level of security can be set in each browser up to total cookies blocking. This increases security level but can disable some functionalities, e.g. logging into an e-mail account.
How to modify cookie settings in browsers:
Internet Explorer 6.0 i 7.0